We took the end of the year off. JB was home and I did as little work as possible.
We slept in. I read a ton. I wanted to close out with not alot of words but at least a recap of what I read.
What I’m Reading
While I was away, I finished reading:
- The Survivor (Mitch Rapp #14) –by Kyle Mills (Goodreads Author), Vince Flynn
- The Rumor: A Novel –by Elin Hilderbrand. A wonderful read for the holidays. Light. Breezy.
- My Kitchen Year: 136 Recipes That Saved My Life –by Ruth Reichl. Probably one of the best books of the year. I had expected a cookbook and got the memoir of a woman who made me feel like we were having a conversation at her kitchen table.
- Dear Mr. You –by Mary-Louise Parker. A beautiful, beautiful book. All written in Letter Form to All The Men She’s Known, yet not in a tell-all way. Beautifully crafted.
- Happy Cooking: Giada’s Recipes and Tips for Making Every Meal Count…Without Stressing You Out by Giada De Laurentiis. Not my favorite of Giada’s cookbooksl
- Book, Line and Sinker (Library Lover’s Mystery #3) by Jenn McKinlay
- Read It and Weep (Library Lover’s Mystery #4) by Jenn McKinlay
- On Borrowed Time (Library Lover’s Mystery #5)by Jenn McKinlay
- Murder Most Howl (Paws and Claws Mystery #3) by Krista Davis
- Give Up the Ghost (Haunted Home Renovation Mystery #6) by Juliet Blackwell
- Dead to the Last Drop (Coffeehouse Mystery #15)by Cleo Coyle. The very first “cozy” series I read always leaves me begging for more.
- Still Life with Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen
- Flunking Sainthood: A Year of Breaking the Sabbath, Forgetting to Pray, and Still Loving My Neighbor by Jana Riess
More. Later. on Life, Love, and Writing.
(Stock photo via Unsplash)